Earlier this year, Anacortes, Washington, shared an update on their plans for developing their Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) network. Their project has been moving along and now they’re seeking an Outside Plant Coordinator as they work on construction. If you’re interested, note that the job posting closes on August 23, 2019.
Check out the complete job description here.
Some of the responsibilities of the Outside Plant Coordinator will be:
- Plan and oversee the design, permitting, construction and maintenance of the OSP portion of the Municipal Fiber Network (MFN).
- Act as the MFN’s primary interface with owners of network infrastructure that the MFN must attach to, occupy or otherwise use.
- Act as the MFN’s primary interface with entities from whom the MFN must obtain construction permits, right-of-way permits or easements.
- Identify the equipment and supplies needed by the MFN to construct, install and maintain the OSP portion off the MFN.
- Estimate MFN’s cost to extend its network to new customer sites.
In addition to other requirements, applicants should have:
Associate degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Business Management, or related field, OR any combination of training and experience which provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
At least three years of experience in any combination of the following:
- Aerial cable deployment, maintenance and/or repair
- Underground cable and/or conduit deployment, maintenance and/or repair
- Inside wiring deployment, maintenance and/or repair
- Right-of-way permit application preparation
- Utility pole attachment application preparation
- Telecommunications OSP infrastructure as-built documentation
PLUS at least two years of experience in any combination of construction management, project management or business management OR any combination of training and experience which provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
For more details on the requirements, salary, expectations, and how to apply, take a look at the job description here or at the city's website. If you're ready to apply, you can begin your application here, with the city's general employment application.