Siklu, known for its wireless technology innovation, is now in the process of granting a number of "Gigabit Awards." Their goal is to offer municipalities an opportunity to use their high-speed wireless technology.
Who Can Compete?
Communities who can offer quick deployment and meet the company's qualifying criteria will win the equipment package. A municipality will need the following to be considered for a "Gigabit Award":
1. An existing fiber network with accessible PoPs, and the ability to provide internet services over this network
2. The capability to install (internally or with a partnering ISP) the Gigabit links within a tight deployment schedule
3. Free services to underserved locations will be considered as an advantage: affordable housing, community sites, school facilities
The Siklu equipment package includes:
1. 10 gigabit links to connect buildings (MDUs, anchor institutions etc.)
2. Wireless planning, training and support services
Speed Is Of The Essence
The RFI submission deadline of March 14th is fast approaching and "Gigabit Award" announcements will begin on March 21st. Rollout plan submissions, approvals, and kick offs will all happen in April with completion goal scheduled for May 31st, 2016.
For more details, download the Gigabit Award Checklist, which contains information on RFIs, or contact Siklu's Boris Maysel at boris.m(at)siklu.com.