Interest is booming in cooperative and municipal Internet infrastructure and related issues. We're looking for someone passionate about working to develop policies related to Internet access, network neutrality, and publicly owned broadband. If that's you, let's talk. Are you our next creative Research Associate? Applications are due May 11th.
Write compelling, well-researched documents:
- Policy Briefs/Reports,
- Fact Sheets
Manage data projects:
- Data cleaning and analysis
- Map design and GIS
- Background research for coworkers or reporters as necessary
- Collaborate on Initiative-wide projects
- Assist with outreach on large projects
- Support other projects as assigned
Perform administrative tasks:
- Take notes at staff meetings
- Organize and purchase office supplies
- Effective writing and communication skills
- Background knowledge of public policy and economics
- Able to work independently and juggle multiple tasks
- Experience with a statistics program (Examples: R, Stata) or ability to learn quickly
- Some experience with GIS (Examples: ArcGIS, QGIS) or ability to learn quickly
- Innovative with publicly available databases
- Comfortable making cold calls to public officials
- Creative: graphics, video, audio, interactive maps, etc.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position includes employer-paid health plan, retirement match, generous vacation, a laptop for work use, and a dynamic workforce of dedicated and friendly policy wonks trying to make the world a better place.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your materials by May 11th. It never hurts to try after that date but the ship may have sailed.
Submit all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Research Associate Application”
- Writing Sample and/or Creative Work
- Cover Letter
Please do not call.
You can also view the posting on Idealist.