The Institute for Local Self-Reliance (ILSR) seeks a Communications and Podcast Production Intern to support ILSR’s Community Broadband Networks Initiative in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We are looking for candidates with audio editing experience and an interest in communications strategy. We work on a wide range of issues, including universal Internet access, network neutrality, and municipal broadband. We strongly value a diverse workforce and are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. ILSR promotes an environment free of discrimination and harassment and our Minneapolis office is located in a welcoming neighborhood.
- Review and edit audio for the Initiative’s weekly podcast series
- Edit transcripts for podcast episodes
- Create engaging social media content
- Assist with press outreach to promote our work
- Track relevant news stories for sharing on our website and social media
- Other projects as assigned
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience editing audio (familiarity with Audacity software is a plus)
- Creative - graphics, videos, audio, etc.
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple tasks
- Enthusiasm for policy work to improve Internet access for everyone
You do not need to know much about broadband policy or telecommunications when you start.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
15-20 hours per week
Please use the subject line “Communications Internship Application” when sending your materials to delfiacco(at)ilsr.org. Include a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample. Applications are due Wednesday, Nov. 6.