The Institute for Local Self-Reliance is seeking a Research Associate for our Community Broadband Networks Initiative. This is a full-time position based in our Minneapolis office.
Our goal is for every community to have universal, fast, affordable, and reliable Internet access as part of our work to build strong economies and a high quality of life for everyone.
The Research Associate will carry out investigations, research, and writing assignments ranging from op-eds to short articles to longer reports.
Salary Range: $30,000-45,000 (depending on qualifications) + competitive health benefits package.
- Write compelling articles, fact sheets, reports, and policy briefs.
- Conduct research and produce qualitative and quantitative analysis on a range of issues related to the Initiative's goal.
- Editing and providing feedback for colleagues.
Key Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent written communications skills, including the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear and compelling way.
- Exceptional research skills: ability to identify the pivotal questions, sharp analysis of the issues.
- Knowledge of the political and legislative process.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time
- Computer and web savvy.
- 2+ years of experience in social change, policy, or journalism fields OR 1+ years of experience combined with a relevant advanced degree.
- Enthusiasm for creating a more just world.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and two writing samples reflecting your original work to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read "Research Associate Application." No phone calls, please.