The Schools, Health, & Libraries Bradband Coalition is hiring for a new position that will work with state and federal policymakers to advance its mission to “to close the digital divide by promoting high-quality broadband for anchor institutions and their communities.”
From the call for applicants, SHLB is looking for someone who “has a graduate degree in public policy or a law degree, 3-7 years of broadband or technology policy experience and strong writing skills. This person will work with federal and state policy-makers, including on Capitol Hill, regarding broadband policy issues and funding programs. Knowledge of broadband and technology policy issues preferred. Physical location in the Washington DC area is preferred but not required.”
Duties for the Policy Advocate/Director include:
- Working with the Executive Director to develop and implement policy positions to promote our mission.
- Leading calls with SHLB members to formulate advocacy strategies.
- Initiating meetings and developing relationships with policymakers.
- Organizing speakers for our events, including our Annual Conference in October.
- Analyzing and suggesting changes to federal and state legislation.
- Drafting and filing comments with the FCC, NTIA and other government agencies.
- Representing the SHLB Coalition in other coalitions and interacting with our allies on a regular basis.
- Speaking at broadband conferences around the U.S.
SHLB is seeking candidates for the position who have:
- A strong commitment to working with anchor institutions to help solve the digital divide for people without access to affordable, high-quality broadband.
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Knowledge of federal and/or state legislative and regulatory processes.
- Familiarity with the variety of broadband technologies and stakeholders.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to collaborate closely and positively with all SHLB staff on operations, communications, Annual Conference and events, and membership recruitment and retention.
- Able to work remotely (SHLB does not currently maintain an office)...