The National Digital Inclusion Alliance (NDIA) is looking for a new Research and Policy Director to help raise awareness of digital equity issues and support digital inclusion practitioners across the country.
The position is full time and remote, with an expected salary range of $60,000 - $65,000, dependent on experience.
For more information and to apply, visit NDIA’s website. NDIA will consider applications on a rolling basis.
According to NDIA, responsibilities of the Research and Policy Director include:
- Conducts statistical research and analysis to guide and support NDIA’s advocacy as well as affiliate development.
- Learning from NDIA’s affiliates and in collaboration with affiliates and partners, conduct and guide development of NDIA’s policy positions. Written work includes official comments to government agencies, white papers, blog posts, and guidebooks.
- Contributes to the NDIA website and social presence by publishing blog posts and assists with other communication tasks as requested.
- Participates in local, state, and national meetings and conferences.
- Speaks at events and on webinars.
- Works with partners and policymakers to identify how policies can be improved to support digital inclusion work.
- Monitors and engages on federal, state, and local policies that impact digital equity and the efforts of our affiliates.
- Speaks with media to explain on the ground digital inequities and advocate for needed policy changes.
- Support NDIA’s national conference, Net Inclusion, by helping craft the agenda, identify speakers and encourage participation.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Strong data analysis experience and skills. May include work with large datasets, GIS mapping programs, demographic studies, and similar.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to advocate for policy at the...