We recently shared the news that dynamo Deb Socia was leaving her post as Executive Director of Next Century Cities (NCC) to pursue a new position as CEO and President of the Enterprise Center in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Her departure leaves a gap that Next Century Cities and all its 200+ members now need to fill.
While taking up the mantle at NCC will be a heavy lift due to the high bar that Deb established, we’re all confident that the right person is out there. In order to reach that perfect candidate, we want to share the posting for the position of Executive Director and encourage interested people to apply.
Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted to Cat Blake by May 15, 2019 at cblake(at)nextcenturycities.org. If you have questions, you should contact Cat. We’re reposting the call for applications here to reach as many potential, but you can also see the original story at theNext Century Cities blog.
The Executive Director’s primary responsibility will be the development and strategic leadership of the Next-Century Cities project, with a key focus on building and coordinating the project’s 21st Century Leadership Forum of elected officials and other city leaders.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Set and execute the overall strategy for the project
- Recruit mayors and other elected officials to become members of Next Century Cities
- Help conceptualize and coordinate key projects, including city-to-city learning, policymaker education, resource creation and curation, and demonstration projects
- Lead the media strategy, including identifying and executing press opportunities
- Liaise with and continue the conversation among elected leaders
- Lead day-to-day operations of the project
- Lead fundraising
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of the following: Broadband infrastructure builds (types, methods, challenges), spectrum, tech policy
- Creating and managing organizational budgets