Christopher is visiting Brussels, Belgium this week to present at a conference organized by the Swedish Association of Local Authorities (SALAR) and Stokab (The City of Stockholm IT infrastructure company). The seminar, "Maximizing Fibre Infrastructure Investment in Europe," is scheduled for Wednesday from 2 - 6 p.m. local time - that's 8 a.m. - noon EST in the U.S.
The event will be livestreamed on the Bambuser channel and we will also make a link available to the archive after the event.
According to the seminar announcement, main discussion will focus on:
How should the telecom market be structured in order to encourage service-based competition and innovation?
How can municipalities and regions engage in fibre deployment without risking to harm competition and making private companies less willing to invest?
Does the interest for investments in broadband and OTT services increase if it is possible to get access to fibre by municipalities and regions, not providing services themselves?
Chris will lecture on fiber rollouts in the U.S. He will be joined by a list of industry and research leaders, including:
- Benoit Felton: Chief Research Officer, Diffraction Analysis
- Jonas Malmlund: Partner, Consulting, Deloitte AB
- Crister Mattsson: Senior Advisor, Acreo Swedish ACT
- Anthony Whelan: Director, Electronic Communications, Networks and Services, DG Connect, European Commission
- Gunnar Hokmark: Vice President EPP, European Parliament
The event will be at the Radisson Blu EU Hotel in Brussels.
For more about the event and details on each presentation, take a moment to view the announcement below.